Bihari Boy started flower business due to his girlfriend, now earns INR 150 crore.
Once in a lifetime, every man expresses his love by giving a flower or bouquet to his girlfriend or wife. Ever thought that a man can earn crores with flower business. But its true, and you must have heard this name.
Yes, we are talking about the story of ‘Ferns n petals’ owner who has become a billionaire by selling flowers.
This billionaire is Vikas Gutgutia. Before looking back at his story, let’s have a look on figures for his success.
- Bihari Babu or Vikas Gutgutia earns INR 150 crores.
- His business has branches in many countries of the world
- ‘Fern n petals’ have showrooms all over the country, which are opened on a franchise basis. More than 90 cities have these showrooms.
- Many farmers are earning huge amount of money because of this business.
Who is Vikas Gutgutia?
- Vikas Gutgutia is a well-known businessman who belongs to the middle-class family of Bihar.
- After completing his schooling in Bihar, he went to Kolkata for college, where he learned about small ethics of business.
- After completing his studies in Kolkata, Vikas went to Delhi, at the age of 24 he started his business.
- In the year 1994, with an investment of INR 5K, he started his business ‘Ferns n petal’.
- Today ‘Ferns n petal’ is the largest company of flowers.
- Company’s revenue is INR 150 crores per annum.
- Gifts and bouquets of this company are demanded in parties of every corner of the world.
How his girlfriend became the reason for this business
Let’s have a look at this interesting story. In the year 1994, Vikas was in love with his classmate Meeta. On her birthday Vikas sent a bouquet but when he went to the party he found bouquet was not in good condition.
After seeing this, he thought of starting flower business in Delhi. At that time, he had just INR 5K and with that amount, he started making bouquets. During this period his friend gave him INR 250K
After doing research, he opened a wholesale shop named Ferns n petals in south extension and started providing flowers to big shops in Delhi.
How his business increased
His business was not running properly in starting but in 1997, he bagged the contract for the decoration of marriage in Taj hotel. This project was very big for Vikas as he was getting INR 5000K, after this business, started growing.
His name was becoming known to all after the year 1997. After this Vikas changed his working style. To meet the demand for orders he hired traditional artists from Kolkata and West Bengal. He started getting big flower decoration projects.
Ferns n petals designer school was opened-
Vikas opened a designer school named Ferns n petals. Along with this, he opened store chains in different cities. In the year 2002, online delivery was started as well.
Deals with farmers-
After increasing demand for flowers, the company had a contract with farmers of India and Africa for flower farming. With this, farmers also started having good earning. Today, farmers are earning crores with flower farming.
Tags: the success story of ferns n petal owner, ferns n petal designer school, how fern n petals were started